Friday, December 21, 2007


Christmas is upon us! I am up at 4:30 am Friday, unable to sleep with worry. I have adoration on Christmas morning, smack in the middle "doing Christmas" and I don't know what to do! I would normally ask a relative to take the hour but...they will all be "doing Christmas" - without me! Anyway, quite the pickle and I'm worried. Of course, things always seem worse then they are in the middle of the night. Maybe the Lord will provide a spotless lamb in the brush...oh, that was someone else's pickle.
So, I've been intending to post a few Moses specials for you as your Christmas gift. Here he is, at his best:
"It's dark again. [this was when the time had just changed and he was fascinated that it just kept getting dark] The sun is sleeping. Where the sun's bwank bwanks?"

"I love daddy. Gecause he my favorite friend." (and yes, my friends, I happened to be rolling tape for this one - preserved for posterity)

"I want to cut off my big, big toe." Yikes! So, I figured out that he meant he wanted to clip his toenail.

After we prayed night-prayers with him one night: "This is good. You are two wonnerful kids."

"Grandma thinks me handsome." Heck yeah!

"Sometimes I say, "cwappy"." Which I take to mean, Mommy, sometimes you say crappy and you need to stop because now, sometimes I say crappy (which, btw I've never heard him say except in this sentence - oops, there I go rationalizing again).

"This is amazing oatmeal!" Who knew? I wasn't aware that oatmeal even had an amazing side.

I've been layering his PJs at night and putting on his Michigan sweatshirt but sometimes he rebels: "Mommy! Take off my sweaty-shirt!"

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment