Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fly on the Wall - 1

I've decided to do a series of posts entitled "Fly on the Wall" that will keep track of the many ridiculous things that the kids say and do - I mean, that is half the fun of parenting little children, right? So, with no further ado - the first installment.

Moses: Can I watch a movie?
Parent: Not right now.
Moses: Please!
Parent: No.
Moses: But somebody has to do something to make me happy!

Moses: Rakes are fighting-things. For fighting dogs.

Moses: Mommy - you look like a very serious woman.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right (or so says Anne of Green Gables)? Yesterday I had to give Moses a spanking and so I sat down on a step and bent him over my knee and did the deed. Lily was, of course, right there trying to hug him for the duration of the spanking because even when the offense does not involve her she insists on being in on the reconciliation. After he got up and we were about to move on she started throwing herself down over my knee for her spanking. I hugged her and told her she didn't do anything wrong and anyway, she is too young for spankings. She continued to repeatedly throw herself down on my knees and when I failed to spank her she started holding out her hand for me to slap it. It's almost as if she has it in her pretty little head that sometimes we hug and sometimes we hit - but whatever is happening, "I want in on it!" And this is exactly why she is clearly too young for spankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment