Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ripple Effect

This is serious people. This is going to be haaarrrddd. The first unforseen casualty of this particular Lenten discipline has been the snooze button. Or should I say, the snooze husband. Usually David wakes me up in the morning after he's been up with the kids for a while. It generally takes him several attempts, and a good dose of frustration, to actually get me out of the bed. But today - no hesitation. That does not, unfortunately mean no grumbling or resistence.
Either way, I am already encountering areas of my life where hesitency and resistence to live the life that God has called me to has creeped in unnoticed, and it is clear to me that it will be hard to root it out. And it's only 6:30 am Ash Wednesday. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment