Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Unpacked

I think that we can say that we are officially unpacked. There are a few more pictures to sort through to decide where they go and the bookcases could use a little organization but other then that there aren't any boxes left to unpack, the closets are organized and life is looking pretty good down here.
Life is good but very different so far. I hardly ever drive but when I do it's for at least 20 minutes. My doctor (and hospital) are 40 minutes away...this concerns me a little but perhaps we'll be inducing anyway. Except for my doctor's appointment this morning I hadn't gotten into my car since Friday morning. Lily used to hate the car but now she claps and squawks with joy whenever we get in. I think that cabin fever may set in every once in a while, even though the yard takes the edge off. Hopefully after the baby is born and we "start school" we'll do more planned activities.
Mass has been a great way to get out of the house and start out each day though and since we don't even have to get in the car to get there it's been almost obscenely easy to make it each day. The parish is not the same as good ol' CTK, that's for sure. There are 4 retired priests and 1 non-retired priest who does most of the pastoral work. One of the retired priests has taken it upon himself to accompany himself with a little bit of guitar strumming during daily mass. He strolls into mass, carrying a guitar to the altar. He then leans it against the presider chair where it sits until the Gospel acclamation. Here he picks it up, and plays and sings the Alleluia while walking across the sanctuary to the ambo. The guitar goes with him to the altar for the Eucharistic prayer where is leans against the altar until the Sanctus. He then picks it up and leads us all in a rousing chorus of Holy, Holy, Holy. Moses was beside himself laughing the first day of this. What do you tell your 3-year old about Fr. Sings-a-lot? Even he can tell that it's clearly absurd. Ah well. I'm not complaining, just reporting. I'm very, very grateful to be so close to the church, even though some things will take a bit of getting used to.
Moses has had a few funny little comments recently that I could share.
Mommy: We are going to go to a store called Walmart, to get some things for the house.
Moses: (puzzled) But...houses don't eat food, they are just houses.

Mommy: I am going to pray.
Moses: OK, I want to stay and hear you.
Mommy: Well, I'm not going to pray out loud, just quietly.
Moses: Oh (he taps my forehead). Are you going to pray in your forehead?

Mommy: It's almost time for a nap, bud. And we have to hurry because Lily and I are VERY tired and I want to take a nap too.
Moses: SOME people don't want to sleep two times, and are sad when Mommies and Lily's sleep.

Moses: Mommy, I take trains very seriously.
Well, isn't that the understatement of the century?

That's all for now folks, keep us in your prayers as we make it through this next month - it's a doozy!

Here are some pictures of our life in the new house for those of you who may be Love-child-hungry.There have been a lot of thunderstorms the last few days and the kids wanted to run and play in the rain...it proved a little too thunder-y for them to pull it off for very long though.
Here's Moses trying to keep his cast in his sleeve so it doesn't get wet. He's a maniac about keeping the cast dry and on. I think he takes doctor's very seriously.

Just before it all went bad...

The fun is done. Cruel to take a picture before comforting her? Well, that's probably why I am very clearly not the favorite parent.

The other night he had apparently been spying on us from the stairwell after bedtime and did such a good job that this was what we encountered when we went up to bed around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment