Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Week in Review

Happy First Week Gus Gus! It has been a wonderful week - he is just such an easy, easy newborn. So far. I realize that as soon as you say that a newborn is one thing or is another thing that is the universal signal for them to change. As soon as you identify a pattern (for instance, he seems to cluster feed around 10 am, 5 pm and 10 pm) you can be assured that on the morrow the pattern will have morphed into something unrecognizable. But as far as we can tell, he is easy. In fact, I really wish that he were a little (just a little) more demanding because then I could have an excuse to pay more attention to him. As it is the other two are significantly more trouble so I can't just sit around gazing at him the way I should be able to.

Notables:

When I had a little, mini postpartum emotionality that involved some tears Moses came in and saw me.
M: Are you crying gecause you're sad?
Me: I'm OK buddy, just a little bit sad. But a hug from you would make me happy.
M: Mommy, I want to tell you something. I love you gecause you are pretty.

Moses is sitting on the couch "holding" Gus and I overhear him singing Rock-a-bye Baby. Life can't get any sweeter.

Lest you think that Moses is all sweetness, I'll include this little episode from earlier today. Lily and Moses are playing with some play tools and she starts sobbing, obviously there was some sort of Moses-inflicted injury. His reaction, "Uh...Sorry Lily, for biting you in the chest."

Lily spends all her time climbing in and out of the baby's carseat, bouncy seat and swing. That and tickling him while making clucking noises and trying to gouge out his eyes while saying, "iiiieeeessss".

In case you are wondering, I am not ready to be alone with these three yet. We've given it a couple test-runs but the basic fact-of-the-matter is that a person with these three children CAN'T sit down if they are all awake. The person who is left alone with them will be standing for hours regardless of a minimalist approach to life and a strict reading of the phrase "take it easy". There's no way to "take it easy" and be alone with them. So, luckily, David can cut corners at work for the rest of the week and rescue me. Also, my brother is coming to visit us from college this weekend, yea! OK, I can't really think anymore...here are some pictures instead. They are in chronological order so you can see his vast growth. Also, my mother wants credit for most of the pictures...so - here it is mom!



So teeny...so tiny...so perfect.


This could be an advertisement for my new BabyHawk carrier. Thank you Maria!!!



My view from the BabyHawk...


Nice Helmet, Grandma!

Gus Gus is ONE WEEK OLD!!! Yea!!!!!!!!


Rock-a-bye baby...Awww....


Two of the three best-lookin men in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment