Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dedicated to James Logan - puttin' in his time with the Hos. You rock, bro.

"I am just a poor boy, though my story's seldom told.
I have squandered my resistence,
For a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises.
All lies and jest.
Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.When I left my home and my family I was no more than a boy,
In the company of strangers,
In the quiet of the railway station, runnin' scared.
Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters,
Where the ragged people go.
Looking' for the places, only they would know.

Lie-la-lie...
Asking only workman's wages I come lookin' for a job,
But I get no offers,
Just a come-on from the whores on Seventh Avenue.
I do declare there were times when I was so lonesome,
I took some comfort there.
La, la, la, la, la, la, la. And I'm laying out my winter clothes, and wishing I was gone, goin' home
Where the new york city winters aren't bleedin' me, leadin' me goin' home.
In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade,
And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down,
Or cut him 'til he cried out in his anger and his shame,
"I am leaving, I am leaving."
But the fighter still remains.
Lie-la-lie...

2 comments:

  1. he is really cute Alexis! i have always liked this song. thanks for the posts, i was on major withdrawal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In class:

    I am sleeping
    I am sleeping
    but the lecture still remains.
    lie-la-lie...

    Can't lie, I do love the shout outs!!!
    I can't wait to visit you all; I am in serious need of more Love in my life. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete