Friday, October 19, 2007

Once upon a...

Yesterday Moses offered to read me a book. This is the first time he's wanted to read to me and I was really looking forward to finding out what he retained from what I read to him. He chose his Giant Dump Truck book that we have had from the library for months. It's a book about a particular type of dump truck that works in quarries and mines. Someday the information in that book is going to win me a game of Trivial Pursuit.

Moses: (opens to blank page with only the library bar code) Once upon a potty - I mean - Once upon a time...in a far away land...there was a dump truck. You ready to turn the page, mommy?
Me: Sure, bud.
Moses: There was a one (pointing to the page number at the bottom of the page). And there was a two (pointing to the next page). You ready to turn the page, mommy?
Me: Sure, love-boy.
Moses: There was a three. There was a four.
Etc., Etc., until the end of the book. Apparently the information that we learned in that book will not help him win any games of Trivial Pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment