Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall Adventures

This post is rather picture heavy but I think it's worth it. Can I help it if my kids are so cute they compell me to sit at the computer while I have a terrible sinus infection in order to share their cuteness with the world? No, I can't help it. So, here are a few pics of the fun that we've been having this Fall.

Pumpkin Patch David and I took the kids down to pick pumpkins at Wasem farm, nearby. Moses enjoyed the doughnuts, but the actual pumpkin picking did not go over as well as I'd hoped.
Me: (excitedly) Moses! Do you want to come with me and pick a pumpkin right out of the patch?!
Moses: Ummm. No. Let's go home.
Well, what can I say? It was 90+ degrees out, bees were swarming like crazy and it was crowded with crazy people who think that hot weather in October is a treat. WhatEVER. Sometimes as parents we are the ones who have to fake excitement - the kids can just let it all hang out (see picture on left for visual).
Eventually we ended up with three randomly selected pumpkins, although if you were judging by the amount of pumpkins Moses declared not "the pumpkin", then you would think that these three were very special, indeed.























Doughnuts and cider are the reason for this smile.




























































On the hunt of the perfect pumpkin. You can't see it in this picture but be assured, there was copious amounts of sweat and bees.











Applesaucing
This is one of the events that I look forward with the most all year. I don't know why exactly but I think it has something to do with harvest, autumn, domesticity, the color orange, compost piles, yummy smells, fabulous friends and thankfulness. Anyway, this year the "canning buds" accomplished getting 97.5 quarts of applesauce canned. And Lily has already done her part for king and country by consuming a a couple quarts herself.

Don't look too closely at the picture - it's actually salsa that we canned months ago but, well it's the closest I could get.












Little Boo at the Zoo
Well, the name alone will get you there. Go marketing consultants. Let's just crunch some numbers. 6 moms. 13 kiddos under age 4. Phew. It was an adventure - a darn stinking, cute adventure.

All in a line - this was, by FAR the most organized we were of the whole trip.






























Could a pot of honey BE any sweeter?



















That's my little Pooh.



















He used to be "scary of the seals" but now he's fascinated.














Moses' "favorite friends", Ben and Geno

















This picture just sums up my experience of Little Boo at the Zoo.

















Fall Foliage Train Ride
Just today we went on a steam engine train ride to see the leaves. Moses' train obsession continues strongly and so this was just a big fat winner for all of us. Gorgeous Fall colors, happy families, cider and doughnuts, and of course a conductor and a train. Well, life doesn't get much better folks.












More Fall adventures are coming our way and since it is far and away my favorite time of year, I'm just lapping them up. Stay tuned for an adventure coming to a town near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment