Friday, June 13, 2008

My-Cation

We are headed out for a little over a week on vacation with my family, or as Moses calls it, "my-cation". It is his-cation because since having children I have become very aware of how it isn't really my-cation anymore. It's a change of pace that's very welcome but it is still a LOT of work. In some ways it is more work then being at home with them but it is still wonderful and it is still time with my family that I love.
Speaking of my-cation though, David just finished his last week of high-school teaching this week so his-cation has started and with it my-cation is well under way. I can't even tell you what a relief it is. The end of this school-year was like the sprint at the end of a race where you're already worn out. BUT it's over and everybody is walking on air. Moses has been so unreasonably cooperative the last 3 days. I feel like I have a different child suddenly. Sometimes all we need is a little daddy...
OK, I'll check back in when we get back - I hope this next week treats you all well and that your life will feel like a your-cation even if you're still at home.
P.S. Turns out my 100th post was actually my 101st post...limited brain-power to go around my friend. I can't be expected to keep track of my children and my number of posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment