Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Moving Update


It's been a long time since this blog has seen any lovin'. We've been busy, busy, busy with packing and seeing people and packing and planning how to have lights, gas, tv, phone, etc., and packing some more. Tonight marks a major turning point in the packing and moving progress. We took down most of the wall decor. I put up a LOT of pictures - I must have some sort of latent fear of white walls. It makes a place home to me to have the walls covered in pretty things. Thusly, taking them down has been a sort of de-home-ifying process.
I'm tired but satisfied. I'm physically tired and I'm emotionally tired because of the strain of de-home-ifying this place that both my children took their first steps in and that we've lived in mostly-happily for the last three years. But I'm satisfied because now it actually LOOKS like we've been packing non-stop for 2.5 weeks and it reminds me that the end is near and soon we will be setting up a new home.
But to be honest, I'm mostly sad and a little scared. God is clearly leading us to this new place and he is good and there are so many good things that are going to come with this new place and new job but...
well, I am in the middle of de-home-ifying. That is a hard thing to do for any home-maker, especially this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment